This ill-advised road trip will leave Kansas City on 9-21-2014 and return on or before 9-28-2014. We don’t necessarily have an ultimate destination like we did in 2010 where we went to the Grand Canyon and back during our 2010 Vintage Road Trip. This will be more of a driving all the way around Nebraska trip. We’re still months away, but we’ve already got a rough draft of an itinerary. This should give us plenty of time for shenanigans and sightseeing. Of course we will have a caravan of old cars that should provide plenty of opportunities for break-downs and general roadside maintenance.
- 9-21 Mitchell, SD – Corn Palace
- 9-22 Deadwood, SD – Murdo Pioneer Museum, Wall Drug, Badlands
- 9-23 Keystone, SD – Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Lead, Dinosaur Hill, Reptile Gardens
- 9-24 Cheyenne, WY
- 9-25 Estes Park, CO – The Stanley, Downtown shopping Rocky Mountain Nat’l Park
- 9-26 Denver, CO
- 9-27 Lebanon, KS – Geographic center of the contiguous United States
- 9-28 KC – back home!